If you find it hard to get your children to ever go outside and play anymore (whether that be caused from video games, TV, etc.) then you may want to consider getting a trampoline for your backyard.
A trampoline will not only give your children an easy way to have fun, but will also help to keep them active and healthy.
However, it’s important you know that not all trampolines are made the same. That’s why we’ve only reviewed the best trampolines from the top brands. If you aren’t exactly sure what kind of trampoline is right for you, then make sure to read our buyers guide at the bottom of the page.
Our trampoline reviews make it easy to find the best model for you and your children. In each review we discuss the best features of the rebounder so you can quickly tell which one is right for you.
Skywalker 15-Foot Round Trampoline
The Skywalker 15-foot round trampoline is the best-selling model on Amazon by far, and for good reason too. It’s extremely well built and comes with a top-of-the-line safety enclosure that will last you for many years if properly taken care of.
- Stay-put enclosure that interlocks to the jumping mat
- Patented button-hole feature which eliminates gaps between the safety net and rebounder
- Enclosure netting made of polyethylene for better durability and UV protection
- 96 x 6 ½” rust resistant springs
- Extra thick spring pad
- 200 lb. weight capacity
- Frame made of 16 gauge galvanized rust resistant steel
- 6 W-shaped legs
- Reinforced T-sockets connect the enclosure to the frame
Just by reading the consumer reviews of this Skywalker trampoline you will begin to see why it’s so popular. Everything is built to last and it’s even extremely simple to put together. The safety net on this model works better than most thanks to their patented design which interlocks the netting to the mats v-rings. This eliminates the gaps for kids to fall through – making it much safer to jump on.
Thanks to the 96 springs which are 6 ½ inches long there is plenty of bounce which is essential for a great trampoline. You can buy this model in red, blue, green and camo as well as choose between different sizes such as 8, 10 and 12-feet.
Upper Bounce 15-Foot Trampoline
This rebounder by Upper Bounce is extremely easy to assemble and disassemble, making it perfect for climates with rough winters. Being able to easily take apart your trampoline and store it away can save you many headaches which is why it is one of our recommended models.
- Easy assemble/disassemble feature
- Jumping mat made of premium PP mesh with 8 row stitching
- Premium 1″ thick foam spring cover with 450g PVC on top and 310g PE on bottom
- Rust resistant galvanized double powder coated steel frame
- 330 lb. weight capacity
- 96 x 7.5″ springs
- Safety enclosure
Besides just being easy to assemble and disassemble, this model is also made out of extremely high quality parts as well. The powder coated frame is extremely durable and rust resistant, and both the trampoline and the enclosure can be put together with no tools required.
The jumping mat on this model is made of a premium polypropylene mesh material with 8-row stitching to prevent tearing and lengthen the lifespan of the rebounder. The safety pad on this model contains foam that doesn’t soak in water or mildew, as well as never even lose its shape. The safety enclosure netting is even made out of 100% premium Terylene mesh material that is extremely durable and weatherproof. You can buy this model in many different sizes such as 7.5, 12, 14, 15 and 16-Feet.
ExacMe 15-Foot Trampoline
This ExacMe 15ft. trampoline received many great reviews because it feels sturdy and secure, and unlike many other models it actually has a high weight capacity. All the parts seem to be very well made and you can tell that it will last for a long time.
- Frame made of rust resistant galvanized steel
- 108 galvanized springs
- PP jumping material
- Safety net made of PE mesh netting
- 6 W-shaped legs
- 375 lb. weight capacity
The 6 W-shaped legs gives the rebounder 12 balanced contact points with the ground making it feel very safe and stable. Thanks to the 108 galvanized springs the bounce is extremely good as well.
Another good aspect of this rebounder is that it meets all of the ASTM, TUV, and GS quality and safety requirements. This helps because you know you have less to worry about when it comes to the well-being of your children.
Springfree 13-Foot Jumbo Square Trampoline With Basketball Hoop
If you want the safest trampoline for your kids (and don’t mind spending a little extra money), then you’ll have to get the Springfree 13ft jumbo square trampoline. Springrfree considers this to be “the worlds safest trampoline”, and the consumer reviews seem to agree.
- Double powder coated galvanized steel frame
- Flexible fiberglass rods (no springs)
- Flexible safety enclosure
- Hands free webbing on enclosure
- 330 lb. weight capacity
- Flexible basketball hoop
- UV resistant polypropylene nets & mats
- Surface area of 16 ft. trampoline with springs
- Safe ladder
There are many common injuries associated with jumping on a trampoline, and while some brands do their best to prevent them – there’s only so much they can do. This forces many parents to avoid trampolines altogether. To fix this problem, Springfree decided to come out with their own patented design that eliminates as many of those common injuries as possible.
While most rebounders use dangerous metal springs, the Springfree jumbo trampoline uses flexible fiberglass rods. These flexible rods are positioned below the outside ring of the mat and connect to the galvanized steel frame.To ensure the trampoline will last for many years to come, the steel frame is double powder coated and even waxed on the inside. It’s also located far below the mat and is completely out of harm’s way.
Because Springfree trampolines have no need for foam padding, they come with their own SoftEdge mat. This mat is 30 times more shock absorbent than regular foam padding and is built to last much longer. This is thanks to the simple idea of covering the stitching on the mat with yellow webbing.
The last and most impressive feature of this rebounder is the Flexinet. This safety enclosure is so flexible that you can actually jump up against it and bounce right back. This is achieved by using (once again) flexible fiberglass rods instead of the traditional steel poles.
Since writing this review Springfree has also released their new smart trampoline with tgoma digital game sytem, so you may want to go read that review as well.
Choosing the Right Size
Making sure you get the right size of trampoline is extremely important. You want to make sure not to get a rebounder too big if it’s meant for small children nor one too small if it’s meant for bigger kids. You also want to consider your kids growing up and outgrowing the particular sized model you get them.
Before you ever go shopping or reading trampoline reviews you want to look at the layout of your backyard first. The size of your rebounder needs to fit perfectly on a flat surface so everything is stable. If it leans on any side then it will make jumping more difficult and it could harm the trampoline over time as well. Make sure you will have about a yard of clear ground around the edges as well as around 8 yards of clearance overhead. Make sure everything around the trampoline is perfectly safe if anyone ever happens to fall off to avoid unnecessary injury.
Picking the Best Shape
Trampolines come in a variety of 5 different shapes:
- Round – The most basic shape that you will typically find in a retail store. The round shape is designed to keep the person jumping safely in the middle.
- Rectangular – A rectangular model will allow you to jump much higher so they are most commonly used for gymnastics.
- Square – Provides a better jumping surface than a round model, though not as much bounce as a rectangular one.
- Oval – Takes up less width than a round model while also providing more jumping surface, bounce and maximum weight.
- Octagonal – Some people prefer the octagon shape although it performs about the same as a round trampoline.
Other Important Features to Consider
Once you have decided on the size and shape, then you need to consider these important features to make sure you get the best trampoline possible for your money. Failure to consider these features could cause you to waste money and possibly risk the safety of you or your children.
Good quality springs are extremely important and will determine the lifespan and the bounce of your trampoline. To determine the balance of a trampoline you will need to figure out the number of springs as well as their length that a particular model has. A high quality rebounder should have a spring length of at least 6 to 6 ½ inches long or else it will have very little bounce. This is often a sign of a weak frame as well. Since longer springs means more stress on the frame due to the bigger bounce, you will often see more cheaply made models with short springs because of this.
Make sure to take into account the weight of all the people that will be jumping on the trampoline before ever making a purchase. Going over the maximum weight capacity could lead to many problems which will cause the lifespan of your rebounder to end early.
Having a high quality frame is essential when looking for the best trampoline possible. Since the framing is what holds the whole rebounder together it is probably the most important feature to take into consideration. You need to check to see if the frame on the model you’re wanting to buy is welded and if so you need to look at the quality of the weld.
If the weld is rough and patchy and looks very unprofessionally done then I would definitely stay away from that model. Bad welding on a frame means that it is very weak and it could even cut anyone that rubs against it. I would personally recommend to get a frame that uses T-bar joints because it requires less welding if any at all. T-bar frames are usually very strong and can typically hold more weight than any other type of framework.
Safety should be your number one priority when buying a trampoline for your kids. These important features will help greatly reduce the risk of injury of anyone jumping on the rebounder.
- Padding – Make sure the padding isn’t made out of a cheap tarp material that you typically find in a home improvement store. Instead get padding that is made of PVC or polyethylene (PE) to ensure that it last for at least 2 to 3 years
- Enclosure – Having a safety enclosure will make it so that your kids won’t be able to fall off the trampoline and injure themselves. You want to make sure the foam railings aren’t covered with that cheap tarp material as well if you can.
- Anchor Kit – Keeps the trampoline connected to the ground and makes it so that a big gust of wind is never able to pick it up and move it. This ensures that the rebounder doesn’t get damaged and neither does anything else nearby. Depending on where you live this might be essential.